Makeup for the Office
"Dress for the job you want, not the job you have" is probably my favorite professional quote. In my opinion this can be read as " Apply your makeup for the job you want, not the job you have" as well! Ever see someone come for an interview dressed like a lady of the night, or a circus performer? I know I have! There are a few general rules for a "professional" long lasting look. Depending on your field some rules can certainly vary!
Here are my 5 rules of thumb for
office worthy makeup
office worthy makeup
1. Stay natural: Use natural tones that compliment your skin. I use a lot of browns and plums. Brown gives my skin dimension and allows me to contour the crease without being too loud, and plums bring out the green in my Hazel eyes.
NAKED PALETTE BY URBAN DECAY
2. Always use a primer: Primer helps your makeup stay put, all day, no matter what. It also aides in facial makeup application. Foundations and concealers will go on much smoother and stay put longer! Yes, I use Hoo-Ha cream as a primer...I will tell you why in a post this week :)
3. If using eye makeup use an eyelid primer: Eye primers help every color in your look stay put and keep their true color. They are also great for covering any natural lid color you may have. Many people have darker lids, or broken capillaries across the lid. Primer will create a clean palette for your shadows, I love Primer Potion by Urban Decay.
4. When lining, use a liquid liner: Liquid liner stays on longer than a pencil, and doesn't rub or melt off. Pencils have a tendency to smudge and run, nobody enjoys raccoon eyes, and you wont be running back and forth to the rest room to touch up! Liquid also provides a nice clean line, especially L'Oreal Intense Felt Tip Liner Pen.
5. Use a Setting Spray: Setting Spray is extra insurance for your makeup. After I've completed my look for the day, I spritz on Setting Spray which keeps everything in tact! I use All Nighter for Weddings and Special events, but NYX for my every day personal use. Stay tuned for reviews on both of these !