NEW FAVORITES & NEW FLOPS
Howdy guys! I've been in NYC this week and just returned :) what an awesome city!
I wanted to review some of the products that I purchased before my trip on my Target & Ulta haul and let you know what I thought of them before I review the products I got in the city, so, here you are :
1. Tresemme Fresh Start Dry ShampooNot a huge fan. Leaves white residue and doesn't spray evenly. You have to shake and spray in spurts to really get anything out. I felt like I was using my old bottle right before it kicked because the product would only spray sporadically. I except that from a bottle that is almost gone, not one that is brand new. Unless things change, I don't think I'll be repurchasing.
2. Argo CornstarchThis stuff rocks! If you are shinny, oily, greasy, slippery looking, whatever, THIS IS YOUR PRODUCT! My face looks like a damn oil slick usually, however, this cheap, awesome kitchen product absorbs all of my shine! A huge tub of this stuff runs about $1.50, I don't think it gets better than that folks! Just use a blush or powder brush and sweep a little cornstarch over your face when you are done applying everything. It sets your makeup and keeps you shine free!
3. Maybelline Age Rewind Makeup EraserThis stuff is ok. The Applicator is neat but a little tricky. You have to guess how many clicks will give you enough product. Overall the coverage is good and it's long lasting when topped with cornstarch! The color selection with this product is pretty great, and I would use it again! Does wonders for my under eyes!
4. Ardell False Glamour Lashes
Haven't tried yet!
5. Ardell False Fright Night LashesThese things rock! I've worn them every day for the past 4 days. I had to trim them a bit, but after sizing and shaping these have been perfect! I've been cleaning them with baby shampoo and coconut oil, the oil leaves them soft, clean and ready to be reused. Hopefully I can get several more days out of these!
6. Duo False Lash AdhesiveThis is the only adhesive I will ever use to put my lashes on! Cheap, long lasting, and easy to use!
7. E.L.F Contour BrushI don't know how I've gone this long without a contour brush like this. I love the way it gives you control over the area you are placing color, as well as the shape you are trying to create. It's perfect for all eye types and a mere $3!!
8. E.L.F Angeled Liner Brush
Haven't tried yet!
9. NYX Eyebrow ShadowThis kit comes with a gel, two brunette colors, a wand, and a brush. I love it and will purchase again. Long lasting and the kit allows for precision in a small compact, beautiful!
10. Tweezerman Slanted TweezerThese things rock and were totally worth the price! Not only have I not had to pluck since the day I got them, but they are essential to use when applying fake lashes! LOVE Tweezerman AND the design :)
11. Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat PolishThe day before I left for NYC I painted my nails, using this product as the base coat, and Essie for the color. In 4 days I have one chip, on my thump nail, which is my fault! This stuff rocks and I probably wouldn't have the chip if I used this polish as a top coat as well! Usually 4 days in you can barely tell what color my nails were :) will be purchasing again for sure!
12. Revlon Colorstay 24 hour Gel LinerI.Love.This.Product! Ok, I have always been hesitant of gel eyeliners. They usually smudge off and create a lovely black rainbow along my lid, or it just runs, or smears, or makes me look like a zombie by the end of the day. This stuff is amazing!! No smearing, running or becoming a zombie! It stays in place and hides any sign of fake lashes with a onceover after applying the falsies! New favorite!
13. Maybelline Cover StickThis thing is awesome and really keeps redness down. It's green so for me it works with my foundation to even my tone and cover discoloration. This stick is a long time favorite, and a cheapy :)