On my Birthday I went to Frederick to see my family and my little sister let me do a before and after makeover! Shes a teenager and we all know how much of a pain skin can be when your that age. She's not too big into makeup, she puts on foundation and mascara and sometimes lipstick but that's about it, but shes gorgeous anyway so she doesn't need to get all fancy every day! My goal was to clear up her blemishes and do a look that expressed the fun outgoing girl that she is. I think a lot of times we stay neutral and "easy" because mascara and powder go with every outfit, but I think it's a lot more fun when you can create a look that is as edgy and funky as you are. Since she isn't used to wearing a lot of makeup I was still able to create a fun look using my favorite wet n' wild palette "comfort zone" and little else.
Here are the steps of what I did :
1. Apply lotion all over the face, this helps prep your skin for the layers you will be applying!
2. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion to the lids.
3. Apply concealer to all red blemishes, I used Laura Mercier.
4. Apply the green color from the Comfort Zone Palette to the lids
5. Apply the greenish black from the Comfort Zone Palette to the crease, blend well in a downwards circle.
6. Apply the lightest brow bone color from the Comfort Zone Palette
7. Apply L'Oreal double Extend Beauty tubes mascara
8. Apply liner to the lower lids, I used black
* This is where the eyes are finished, so any fall out from packing on eye shadow is probably sitting on your cheek bones/ face. Brush your face off with your hands, avoiding the eyes. This helps when applying foundation *
9. Using your fingers or a sponge apply foundation to entire face, making sure to blend the previously concealed areas together with the foundation.
10. Go over your face with powder, I used NW15 by MAC on her because I wanted to make sure the redness of her blemishes were masked. If you aren't worried about toning color down, translucent powders work very well, I recommend the one by No.7 which can be found at Target.
11. Apply bronzer in a diagonal line from the corner of your mouth to your ears, blend well.
12. Apply a light blush to the apples of your cheeks, I used Popsie by FLIRT!